Craving some immunity boosting goodness? Try this delicious and healing, creamy garlic soup!
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
30 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 Brown Onion, chopped
1 Leek (white part only), rinsed well and chopped
6 cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth (6 tsp of our bone broth powder or 3x 500mL packs)
2 Parsnips, chopped
2 pinches freshly grated Nutmeg
Sea Salt + Black Pepper to taste
4 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
100g activated Almonds, toasted and chopped
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf Parsley
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and leek, and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened and fragrant.
2. Pour in the broth, add the parsnip, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Puree the soup with a handheld blender. Add the nutmed and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat the soup over low heat.
4. Place the egg yolks and olive oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add a ladle of the hot soup to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate. Pour the warm egg mixture into the soup and stir gently for 1 minute to heat through. Do not allow the soup to boil or the egg yolk will curdle.
5. Ladle the soup into warm bowls. Sprinkle the almonds and parsley on top and enjoy!