Bolognese with zoodles
2 Tab coconut oil or good quality animal fat
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion chopped500g mince beef
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 Tab tomato paste
1 cup Best Bones Chicken Bone Broth
splash of red wine
1 cup button mushrooms chopped
1/2 tsp dried coriander leaves
1/2 tsp dried parsley
pinch chilli flakes (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
3 large zucchini, spiralised into thin noodles
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add onion and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the mince and cook for 5mins until browned, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in the dried herbs and wine.
4. Add tinned tomatoes, broth, chilli flakes (if using) and season with salt and pepper.
5. reduce the heat and simmer on low for 20mins for the flavors to meld together and the meat to cook through.
6. Spiralise the zucchini with a spiraliser, mandolin or slice into ribbons with a peeler.
Serve bolognese over spiralised zucchini noodles and top with a sprinkle of parmasen cheese or grated macadamia nuts if you're dairy free.