Cacao Blend 3 Ways!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoon Best Bones cacao blend
- 2 tablespoons dark cocao powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Place the dates in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften for 10 minutes before draining well.
Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and blitz until a fine crumb. This will take a few minutes. Add the dates and vanilla and process for a few minutes until the mixture is even in consistency and sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Roll in coconut and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Place these on a lined baking tray. Press down with the heel of your hand or fingers until flattened. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden on the bottom.
Raw Brownie Slice
- Press mixture into a lined square slice dish firmly and evenly. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top.
- Place in the freezer for one hour to harden. Slice using a sharp knife. Is lovely when finished with a dusting of cocoa and some freeze-dried raspberries. Is best stored in the freezer for up to 3 months