Best Bones Broth Potato & Gravy
- 800g Potatoes (washed & peeled)
- 1 tbsp Avocado or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 large Brown Onion (diced)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp Best Bones Broth Chicken or Beef
- 3 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Chives for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a light boil and add 2 tsp salt. Cover and cook potatoes for 25 minutes or until very fork tender. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan over high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add in diced onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the minced garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then add the liquid bone broth. After a further 4-5 minutes, once the broth has reduced down a little, transfer over to the bowl of potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Add in coconut cream, butter and salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chives and serve warm.
- 2 Cup Best Bones Broth Beef
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water + 3 tbsp flour/tapioca starch/corn starch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan over med-high heat, bring beef broth to the boil. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and flour/starch until dissolved.
- Pour into boiling beef broth and reduce heat to med-low. Add salt & pepper and stir until thickened. Serve hot.