Simple Leek and Potato Soup
- 1 litre Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 leeks
- 250 g potato, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the leeks in to rounds about an inch in length.
- Place cut side down in an oven proof dish.
- Pour 200ml of the chicken stock around the leeks.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and place in the oven to roast for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile heat up the chicken stock to simmering and add the potato.
- Cook the potato until soft.
- When the leek is soft, add to the stock and potato.
- Blend using a stick blender and season well.
- Serve with cracked pepper and parsley.
Recipe by Roz McIntosh