Spiced Slow Roast Lamb
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
3 cm Fresh Ginger, grated
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cumin
1 pinch Chilli flakes
1/4 cup Honey
1 Lemon, freshly zested and juiced
1/2 cup Fresh Mixed Herbs, use parsley and coriander
1/2 tsp Salt and freshly ground Pepper
1 leg of Lamb
1 Onion, roughly chopped
1 cup Stock or water
1/2 cup Wine
2 Tbsp Flour
1. Heat oven to 130C.
2. Into a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, chilli, honey, lemon, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Remove any excess fat from the lamb. Place it in a roasting dish and smother the paste all over the meat. Dot the onion around the tin, pour the stock over and cover tightly with tinfoil. Place in the oven for 7 hours.
4. After 5 hours drain off some of the juices and remove the fat from the top (let it slightly cool for this step using a refrigerator). Use this liquid for your sauce. Place back in the oven for the remaining 2 hours and for the last 30 minutes remove the tinfoil to brown the top.
5. Remove the lamb from the oven and place on a serving plate. Cover and let rest while you make the gravy. Tip any remaining juices into a bowl and save.
6. Place the roasting dish on an element. Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add some of the reserved juices and whisk until you have a flavoursome sauce, adding a little extra water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
7. To serve simply pull the lamb apart with two forks and serve with the sauce.