Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Butternut Squash or small Pumpkin
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- Couple of Kefir lime leaves
- Stalk of Lemongrass bruised
- Small knob of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves Garlic chopped
- Bunch of Coriander, stalks chopped, leaves set aside
- Fresh sliced Chilli - to taste :)
- 500ml Best Bones Chicken or Beef Broth
- Can of Coconut Milk
- Cut butternut in half lengthways and roast in oven on 180 degrees until soft, scoop off all the seeds and peel off skin or scoop out roasted flesh.
- In a large pot add coconut oil or ghee, saute onion & carrot until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli, kefir leaves, ginger and coriander stalks until fragrant (couple minutes).
- Add butternut to pot with the broth and coconut milk, simmer on low for about 10 min with lid on.
- Add some water if pumpkin isn't covered by liquid. Add coriander for last couple minutes.
- Puree with stick blender or in a blender until smooth (I pull out the lime leaves and lemongrass first).
- Garnish with extra coriander leaves and sliced chilli.