Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
2 tsp Coconut Oil
2 fresh Red Chillis
2 x 400g tins full fat Coconut Milk
1 cup of Best Bones Chicken bone broth
2 inch piece fresh Ginger, thinly sliced
1 tsp Lemongrass paste
6 Laffir Lime Leaves
4 Tbsp Fish sauce
500g Chicken Breasts, cut thinly
1 cup Button Mushrooms sliced
2 head of Bok Choy
2 Tbsp Lime juice
Sprinkle of fresh Corriander to serve
1 packet of Kelp or Shitaki noodles (or rice noodles)
1. Place coconut oil in a large stockpot and add chillis and stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Add coconut milk and broth then bring to the boil.
3. Add lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce and chicken, then simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Add mushrooms and lime juice and simmer for a further 5 mins.
5. Add bok choy and kelp noodles, and cook for a further 2 mins or until bok choy has wilted.
6. Remove the kaffir leaves and ginger threads.
Laden into soup bowls and garnish with chopped coriander.